One of the reasons for this is the fact that I have always been told that I am not good enough. I have always been told to excel, to be like "the others". Which I never was. This has always led to an insecurity that my loved ones will leave me if I fail to live up to their expectations. As is evident, no relationship can strive on insecurity. Sooner or later I give up out of a vehement rejection of the rules imposed on me of having to live up to others' expectations.
But at times I try to tear out of this vicious circle. At times I try to live up to life on my own terms. I try to optimistic, be happy. I try to be away from the self imposed dark clouds of pessimism, which envelop me in their warm embrace. I try to be "not negative". But sooner or later the ugly demons of indifference or rejection from people I like or love force me to abandon my hope and get withdrawn back into the recluse of the dark cave. Today is one such day. Hope is lost. The wings of Joy flutter weakly from the chains. My "Be Happy" Project is once down. Will it be down in the dumps? Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment