Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Girls or Guys?
Are pessimists loners? I dunno. I sure am. People - human beings are not my forte. Animals are. I love 'em. But there is one thing you can do with a human being that you can't with a cat or dog. That is, have a discussion. You can talk singlehandedly but when it comes to valuable suggestions, they are just not the right partners to talk to. Now I have a habit (a weird one, but I wonder whether it is only me who has this habit), of talking to myself. I also talk to people who are not present, at least pretend or act out that I am talking to them. But somehow when I am with them, the conversations never happen! Listening to a human being talk too much bores me. Exasperates me. Clouds my thoughts. Such that I need to be with my solitude for a considerable period of time after that to regain control of my essence. So anyways today I got an opportunity to talk about my feelings on "bitching and gossiping", both of which I think are a nuisance. I feel if for this I am considered boring, so be it. So this person and I (it was mostly me, but it felt nice to have a "human" listening to you) talked about how both of us had seen girls bitch more than guys. Actually I am not at all a sexist, rather have been termed a 'feminist' by quite a few souls but when it comes to interpersonal relationships, I admit that I find guys much friendlier than girls. Frankly speaking, girls have always been a pain in the wrong place for me. Guys, I have found much easier to be with, much easier to handle. Now I have a strong belief that girls are complicated and guys are insensitive. I think it's true. But I guess the other side to this coin is that girls are way too critical of several aspects of a human being while guys appear much cooler, as in they take things as they come their way. I have not yet disclosed this observation to my guy friends for I know they will jump like monkeys and tell me how right I am in my observations. It's not to say that guys don't bitch or are completely "goody-goody" in their thoughts but simply to say that they are more welcoming when it comes to making friends or even daily activities like dressing up, attending classes or even a project work. But dressing up is always a big deal for a girl. I mean I have seen a host of girls commenting on another girl's lipsticks, jewelry, dress and what not. This irritates me. Oh well, I have also seen guys commenting on a girl like this but the number has clearly been less. I like this easy going attitude that most guys have. And I appreciate it. Needless to say I have also seen quite a few girls who embody this attitude but the bullies are clearly more. Well whattosay... It takes all kinds to make a world, so be it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment